AKM Assault Rifle
The AKM is an assault rifle using the 7.62x39mm intermediate cartridge. It is an upgraded version of the AK-47 rifle developed in the 1950s. It is gas operated with a rotating bolt. The AKM is capable of selective fire, firing either single shots or automatic at a cyclic rate of 600 rounds/min.
The forward barrel trunnion has a non-threaded socket for the barrel and a transverse hole for a pin that secures the barrel in place.
The gas block in the AKM is fitted with an integrated bayonet support collar that has a cleaning rod guide hole.
- Caliber: 7.62 x 39 mm
- 10, 20, 30, 40 Round Box Magazines (rounds)
- Rpk 40-Round Box Magazines (rounds)
- 75-Round And Drum Magazines From The Rpk (rounds)
- Gas Operated With A Rotating Bolt
- Barrel Length: 415 mm
- Overall Length: 880 mm
- Fire Rate Rounds/Min: 600
- Max Fire Range: 1000 m
- Max Effective Fire Range: 400 m
- Weight Of Weapon: 3.1 kg